We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at La Concha

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at La Concha

I just booked a trip for March for my family at La Concha, including a 12 and 14 year old. They both love the beach and I have read a few posts saying how rough the water is on the beach at La Concha and that is making me nervous. Is the water too rough to go in?

Charleston wv
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at La Concha

I've stayed there at the la concha three times before and always enjoyed a leisure swim around 50 meters from the beach. The waters on a clear day can be fun There are quite a few lifeguards and beach patrol. The pools at the la concha will thrill teenage boys with beautiful fun people, locals, zesty Puerto Rican friendliness and general enthusiasm from hotel guests. There is an infinity pool and a huge cascading waterfall pool with fabulous seating. So posh and trendy but not pretentious There is a secret pool on the other side of the hotel. Check tat one out at night. Adults only! (For the parents ). The plaza right next to the hotel has beautiful sea walls to stroll down. In may we saw a whole dance competition with authentic Puerto Rican dancers and musicians. This made my vacation cha-chaing the night away

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at La Concha

It can get choppy if we have high winds. There are no Lifeguards in the beach. There will be signs on the beach indicating ocean conditions

Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at La Concha

I am heading there early May, hoping the seas are calmer in the Spring...

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at La Concha

Please exercise lost of precautiouns as there are very dangerous undercurrents in this beach. Do not go in deep.

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at La Concha

Thank you for all of the advice. I will make sure we are all very careful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at La Concha

I was there in January and was in the water every day. Not exactly swimming, more jumping and riding waves. We were told the water was rough while we were there. To me it was no different than a day at the beach in Jersey or on Long Island. Many people were using boogie boards and even surfing a bit. Don't expect a calm caribbean beach and of course use caution and you will be fine. Your kids will love it if they are comfortable riding waves.

7. Re: Beach at La Concha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 05:16