We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

Will be staying at double tree by Hilton and wont have a car. We would like to take taxi or shuttle to catch ferry to culebra. Any suggestion?

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

Taxi from San Juan area to Fajardo will be about $80 one-way (for up to 5 people).

Edited: 19 March 2013, 23:09
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

It would be cheaper to rent a car as they are affordable in PR. A roundtrip taxi fare to Fajardo's ferry port is over $160.00. You can rent a car much more cheaply.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

Don't rent a car, just fly to Culebra directly from Isla Grande Airport. It may be a bit more expensive (assuming two persons), but you will be buying time and relaxation. After all it is a vacation. I recommend this if you will be staying in Culebra for a few days.

Catching a ferry ride on the weekends is very troublesome. You have to be at the ferry port at 5AM, and this is not a warranty that you will be able to catch an early ferry ride. Returning from Culebra is easier, but late departures do fill up a lot.

If it just a one day trip to Culebra, you will be better of with a Catamaran tour. Some offer hotel pick up.

Guaynabo
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

Google for Tour companies with dedicated travel services. I do not recommend driving in PR if it is the firts time

5. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 01:35
NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

i agree about the flying. its so much easier from Isla Grande. although I would go to Vieques.

I do not agree about driving in P.R. its easy enough and the signs are ok to follow. especially during the day. but i wouldnt rent a car. its not much cheaper. and i never could understand the idea of paying to park a car in a lot when you are paying to rent the car. it rarely comes out cheaper when you factor in the cost of parking and gas. plus you really don't want to take the ferry unless finances neccesitate it.

7. Re: Taxi from condado to ferry to culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:15