We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help choose a hotel ?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Please help choose a hotel ?

We are loking for a hotel with a great beach . I really dont want to rent a car if it's not neccesary.

would like to relax , jet ski, good pool , good beach and walking distance to restaurants. Here are my choices ... Conrad San Juan Condado , Ols San Juan Sheraton, Intercontinental San JUan , Wyndham Rio MAr ( I know I need a car for this one ) and Verdanzla Hotel in Isla vERDE . Any help would be appreciated

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Conrad, bad beach. OSJ no beach. Isla Verde OK beach but you have to check as many hotels are not on the beach.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,978 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Intercontinental Isla Verde would fit the bill.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Hi Suki, PRBob is right, the Intercontinental has what you want. To see the beach on film check out the movie Illegal Tender, there is a long scene toward the end which is shot on Isla Verde beach right behind the IC.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 20:06
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

3rd vote for the Intercontinental.

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Thanks intercontinental it is . Do I need to rent to car ?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

It depends on whether or not you will be taking trips outside the Metro San Juan area. Old San Juan is accessible by bus or cab and so is the Condado strip. There is no guarantee of off-street parking and I would not park a rented car outside on the street anyway.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Just returned from Intercontinental....great choice (previously stayed at El San Juan & Ritz). I have been to PR at least 10 times...always stayed in Isla Verde and never rented a car. The pool & beach at hotel are lovely & there are plenty of restaurants in that vicinity that you can walk to...local joints & fancier places in hotel. The cab ride to Old San Juan is $21 each way...it's worth it to go at least once for a nice stroll, see the forts & have dinner. Try Marmalade...it's the best! Actually...if you want to rent a car for a day the hotel has an Avis in the lobby! Have fun! :)

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

I really wish we could go home to Hawaii but we only have 4 days . I have been to PR numerous times but never stayed in isla verde .

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Are there any additional taxes the hotel charges for tourism ? The ritz carlton is very close in price . Any thoughts ? .

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help choose a hotel ?

Yes...the taxes and resort fees are substantial. Not sure the exact %.