We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions..

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
191 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions..

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Puerto Rico, June 13th. We are staying at the Verdanza Hotel in Isla Verde. We have booked an excursion through kayakingpuertorico which is for the Rainforest and Bio bays. Aside's from that we really don't have any plans, except spend a day in Old San Juan, and of course the Beach!

Does anyone have any suggestions of any restaurants we have to check out, in Isla Verde, or Old San Juan, or anything in general that's off the beaten path?

I know my husband wants to do a surfing lesson, but I heard the surf isn't that good in June?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Wow Surfing School & Water Sports
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Pine Grove Surf Club
Sports Camps & Clinics, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Puerto Rico Paddle Board Tours
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Across Caribe
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions..

Metropol is a sort of Cuban/Puerto Rican diner in Isla Verde not far away. For breakfast I recommend La Playita Restaurant at La Playa hotel. The restaurant is open air and has a deck over the water with really nice ocean views. Their Puerto Rican coffee and breakfast is really good.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions..

Hi Crystal, Walk over to the rooftop bar at the Beach & Water Club or down Isla Verde Ave to the El San Juan and check out the nightlife. Restaurants in the area include Metropol, Platos and La Playita Cafe as well as those located in the El San Juan, the Intercontinental and the Ritz.

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
191 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions..

Thank you so much I will check out those places!! :)

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
539 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions..

In old San Juan we enjoyed the restaurant Pirilo, it's your typical bar/restaurant but the food is pretty damn good and cheap as well. For something a bit nicer/fancier the Parrot Club is awesome, the food is delicious and the service is beyond excellent. prices are higher but not crazy and the portions are large.

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
191 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions..

Thank you! I will def check them out... Has anyone heard about the underground tunnels in osj? Someone told me we have to check them out, and I don't really know much about them. Not sure if it's part of the forts.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions..

They are the only ones I am aware of.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,847 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions..

I don't think these tunnels are open to the public. While visiting the forts you can see part of the underground area, but the tunnels connecting the 2 forts are closed.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions..

Fort San Cristobal offers a "tunnels tour".

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
191 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions..

Thank you for the names now I know what to look into lol :)

10. Re: Suggestions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:16