We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Service

Pomona, California
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Service

I'm planning a trip for my wife and me on May 30th to San Juan (Condado), with a count of 4 to 5 bags. I am not sure if getting a car service or taking a taxi from & to the airport would be cheaper, any suggestions? Also, if taxi how much am I looking to spend a trip? Thanks.

Old San Juan Food Tour
268 reviews
from US$92.19*
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
Old San Juan Segway Tour
70 reviews
from US$103.69*
Casa Bacardi and Old San Juan Tour
61 reviews
from US$84.00*
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Service

It's $12.00 for the cab one way + $1.00 per bag. They may also charge you a fuel surcharge.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 15:32
Pomona, California
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Service

Cool deal, any advice on what to check out? I definitely want to visit some of the forts, the Bacardi distiliary, and Old San Juan.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,608 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Service

I don't use taxi services much, but according to the website below, the fare is listed as $15 (zone 2) plus $1 per suitcase. The website provides fare information for other areas as well.

http://www.cabspr.com/

Edited: 20 May 2013, 16:01
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,845 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Service

$15 + $2 gas surcharge + $1 per bag. Car service is not really available here. Certified taxis (white) are easy to find in the tourist areas.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 17:10
Pomona, California
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Service

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Any suggestions on good local eats?

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Service

On Ashford Street ( the main drag in Condado) there are at least 30 restaurants to choose from. Where on Condado are you staying at what type of restaurants are you looking for?

Pomona, California
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Service

We are staying at the Conrad San Juan in Condado. With food we are pretty adventurous, I'm looking to try a lot of different stuff PR has to offer, but I do love seafood.

8. Re: Taxi Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 06:18