We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlie's Car Rental

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Charlie's Car Rental

Our plan is to rent a car from Charlie's and then head down to Rincon/Boqueron for a few days. We are going to head back and spend our final night in San Juan. We plan to rent the car from Charlie's main office near the airport in Carolina. I see where they also have an office at the Marriott in Condado. Would be a good idea to RETURN the car to the Condado location? I thought it might be closer to our hotel location in Old San Juan. Or does it really not make much of a difference? Thanks!

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

Nevermind, I finally got through to them on the phone and was told to return it to the Condado location. There is a free shuttle from that location to our hotel in Old San Juan. The lady on the phone was very helpful and nice. Great experience with Charlie's so far, hope it continues!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

Charlie's tends to get the best reviews on TripAdvisor.

Maumee, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

We had a great experience at the Condado location last week. Very nice and helpful staff and a clean car.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
515 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

So you are aware the Charlies in Condado is actually across the street from the Marriot and is basically the size of an old Fotomat.

Maumee, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

Yes, but do you need more? There was a person inside who took all our info and gave us our receipt and maps. A person in the lot who walked us to our vehicle and a person at the end of the lot who opened the gate. I also spoke to someone in their main office who gave me directions and hours to this location. All helpful!

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

I was told there were two Condado locations. We are picking up the car at the main "airport" location in Isla Verde and returning it to the Condado (cruise ship shuttle service) site. She said this location has a shuttle service to our hotel in Old San Juan, so it will be nice not to have to pay for a cab. I believe the other Condado site is the Marriott. No worries about how big or small the location is because we are just returning the car there. Thanks!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

"...is basically the size of an old Fotomat".

Well, it's San Juan, not Orlando. PR is only 100m by 35m. What did you expect?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

IMO, As long as one gets good service and prices, Who needs a hotel lounge?

Edited: 25 May 2013, 15:13
9. Re: Charlie's Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations