We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain Forest Tours

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Rain Forest Tours

We are staying in La Concha Hotel the first week in July and looking for options on the Rain Forest tour. Would like something private but not opposed to a more group oriented one. Been trying to do my research and I have read so many pro's and con's on places and I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

We would be looking to take a lazy day so we would not be rushed or constrained by time.

Mentioned in this post
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
La Concha Renaissance...
7,825 Reviews
Puerto Rico
El Yunque Rain Forest
El Yunque Rain Forest
5,716 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain Forest Tours

The best way to do it is on your own with a rental car. One way up and down. A visitors center and hiking trails. It's a US National Forest so lots of info is avaiable.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain Forest Tours

as PR_bob says, best way (so you can go at your own pace) is to rent a car and just hike some trails. You could also do one of the Ranger tours offered by the US National Forest rangers there.

If you do rent a car, get there early to miss the big crowds and consider checking out the Luquillo food kiosks for lunch and maybe after noon at Luquillo beach (just further east of the kiosks - not the beach directly behind the kiosks)

Mentioned in this post
Luquillo
Luquillo
Puerto Rico
Luquillo Beach
Luquillo Beach
982 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Seymour, IN
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain Forest Tours

We went on an 8 person tour with Raul from Natural Wonders PR and it was an amazing day! He took us to some off the beaten path places that we loved, and he's really fun to be around. I would highly recommend him www.naturalwonderspr.com

Mentioned in this post
Natural Wonders Puerto Rico
Natural Wonders Puerto...
643 Reviews
Puerto Rico
4. Re: Rain Forest Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16