We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

simple car rental at SJU

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
united states
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
simple car rental at SJU

Family and I will be traveling to SJU and want to rent a car. I am looking for the quickest rental process. I have read Avis Preferred is a great option, but wondering if the convenience is worth the higher price. Anyone waiting in an hour long line can understand!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: simple car rental at SJU

I've never rented from Avis at the international airport, but their website states that you will have to take their shuttle bus for a 3-5 minute ride to their location about 1.5 miles away. The other option would be to rent from one of the other rental agencies whose offices are offsite, therefore it takes longer to get to them. We have rented from Enterprise offsite and had a good experience, but in total it took about an hour to get the vehicle.

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: simple car rental at SJU

I use Avis or Hertz all the time.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: simple car rental at SJU

mlel:

Quickest would be to arrange your own arrival to a time window when there are the FEWEST total arriving flights. Then you wouldn't have lines that are as long. Sometimes I have rented from AVIS or Enterprise and there have been NO lines! I asked why, and was told that I had arrived during an off period and had missed the slams...

Out

4. Re: simple car rental at SJU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19