We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Safe?

Is Coral Princess Hotel in a safe area? Hotel offers great rates and received pretty good reviews. Seems like the location is great, but want to check on safety especially for tourists.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe?

The San Juan area was loaded with police on the streets when we were there...It was certainly seemed safe during the day. I would not walk around by myself at night but I would not do that at home either.

Edited: 09 July 2013, 02:38
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe?

I would say yes, it is a safe area, but everything is relative. The Metro San Juan area is huge encompassing a large land area and well over 2.1 million people. For someone from a small midwest town the city could be intimidating. For someone from NYC, Boson, Philadelphia, Los Angeles or any other large American city it's a "piece of cake". Condado is considered an upscale area of San Juan and a tourist area where there is a police presence.

Edited: 09 July 2013, 02:41
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,886 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe?

Jaydboston: are you from Boston and don't feel comfortable walking alone at night? All around or just your particular neighborhood? Just curious.

Condado and elsewhere in SJ is very safe, even at night. Just use common sense. Alwaysa lot of people walking around.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe?

Not from Boston.

Just wanted to ask about safety as I haven't been to Puerto Rico before. I will be smart when visiting, just wanted to ask the overall feel.

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe?

It's fine and your hotel is located in a tourist area. I've been all over San Juan and I felt unsafer at times when I lived in Manhattan than I have around where your hotel is and areas next to it.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe?

I walked around the area at all hours of the night. You will notice the police are very visible. Have a great time.

Carolina
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe?

Your hotel is dead smack in the middle of the condado area. You will have lots of restaurants to choose from and beaches that are walking distance.

8. Re: Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17