We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding Between Two

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Deciding Between Two

I've narrowed our hotel options to two hotels. Both have received great reviews... which is better?

Doubletree Hilton or Coral Princess

Has anyone stayed at either?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding Between Two

Neither are beachfront but are a short walk to the beach. The Coral Princess is a boutique hotel and the Hilton is large with high rises. Condado beach is not the best beach in the Metro area.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding Between Two

Thanks!

What is the nicest beach nearby? Is it an easy cab ride?

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding Between Two

I stayed at the Doubletree and liked it a lot. Very modern, the room was on the 5th floor with a view of the ocean and Condado. The beach is a short walk (I like to walk east a bit to the beach at Ocean Park), the restaurants and clubs are nearby on Ashford Ave, and the grocery store is right across the street. I have walked by the Coral Princess and it looks nice from the outside, older, and in a good location.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding Between Two

Ocean Park Beach is better than Condado Beach and Isla Verde Beach is the best of the three.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deciding Between Two

The Doubletree is a 10min walk to the main area in Condado and the beach. But there are a few restaurants within the complex.

6. Re: Deciding Between Two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18