We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

Dallas
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

We are thinking of a trip to Puerto Rico in early Aug. Is that a good time to visit? Also, which luxury hotel would you recommend? Thanks, Al

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

Hurricane season. Where in Puerto Rico are you planning to stay? What do you want to do? What's your travel lifestyle? What does luxury mean to you?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

August is very hot and humid in Puerto Rico. I prefer not to go to the island in the summertime for that reason.

Dallas
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

We are thinking of staying at either the Ritz Carlton Resere or St. Regis Bahia Beach. Basically we just want a lazy relaxing time on the beach with some sightseeing. I picked Puerto Rico because I'm coming from Dallas and they have direct flights. Other places in the Caribbean take much longer to get to.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

Hi Alvina, The consensus is that a 1st trip to PR is best situated in San Juan unless you will have at least a week. The resorts that you mention are very nice, but kind of remote. Sky?

Edited: 14 July 2013, 17:34
White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

The Ritz is close to Old San Juan, shops and fine dining whereas St. Regis is private and sort of secluded.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

My bad, I thought you meant the Ritz in Isla Verde. Sorry.

7. Re: San Juan - hotels and time of year to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:20