We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

We were hoping to catch the Flamingo night at Rosa De Triana on Friday night. We are two ladies that will be travelling to Isla Verde around 10p or so after then. Will it be safe for us to travel from SJU to Isla Verde at that time?? Will we have to catch a taxi? Are they easily available in OSJ?

Any information will help.

Thanks much.

Mentioned in this post
Rosa de Triana
Rosa de Triana
556 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Isla Verde
Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,232 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

Both areas are safe, just take the usual precautions.

You must take a cab between OSJ and Isla Verde at night. Buses are available but unreliable, and probably not the best idea in the evening. Cabs are white and you can flag one down if you see one. If not, walk towards Hotel El Convento and there will be a queue there.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Verde
Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
Hotel El Convento
Hotel El Convento
2,846 Reviews
Puerto Rico
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

Flamingo night? Pink flamingos? LOL Let us know how the food and the Flamenco show is as I've never been to that restaurant and am interested in trying it.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

I have been to that restaurant and the food is great. Actually, compared to other "Spanish cooking" I think it tops them.

From the outside the restaurants looks small, but the ambiance is welcoming, servers pay attention and they know their menu well.

I haven't seen their Flamenco show, so do let us know how it was.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
162 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

They have a great flamenco show, they even encourage you join them and dance. As for a taxi their as ataxi stand right in front of Hotel El Convento and most of the times their are taxis there until 11pm, if need one and there are non just go to the front desk of the hotel and ask them to call one for you.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel El Convento
Hotel El Convento
2,846 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

Thanks Everyone for your input and suggestions. We are really excited about this and hoping to catch a good show! I think we will just walk to El Convento for a cab back.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel El Convento
Hotel El Convento
2,846 Reviews
Puerto Rico
6. Re: Travel from OSJ to Isla Verde at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:17