We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches near OSJ

Springfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
beaches near OSJ

I booked my stay at the Marriott stellaris in Conando.

Looking now I see this is not the best place to enjoy the beach with a preteen. Can I go to other marriott hotels for the beaches without having to pay for a day pass? any other suggestions??

Thanks

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches near OSJ

There is a beach called El Escambron which is located on the route to OSJ. It's about 10-15 minutes from the Marriott. It has lifeguards and facilities. I do not recommend walking there as part of the route (over the causeway) is hazardous for pedestrians and traffic is crazy there. Only go there if you have a car. You may be able to go to the Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde. It's on San Juan's best beach, Isla Verde Beach, and the hotel sits to itself at the end of a strip of high rise condos and hotels near the international airport.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,976 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches near OSJ

All beaches are public in PR. There are access points near hotels, and you can always go through the hotels. So no need for a day pass unless you want to use their pool and towels.

Isla Verde beach is calmer than Condado's. 10min cab ride.

Springfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches near OSJ

Thank you for your help

4. Re: beaches near OSJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations