We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

I'm getting married in October and would like to get my groomsmen together for breakfast the morning of the wedding. We are staying at and getting ready at El Convento. I was hoping that Bombonera would be open again by October, but not sure if it will be. I'm not opposed to going outside of OSJ either. I really love Espana panaderia and wouldn't mind taking them there. Any other suggestions/recommendations?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

How about Kasalta? http://www.kasalta.com/intro.html

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Kasalta is also nice . It is in the Ocean Park area.

Both Espana and Kasalta are good experiences (love their pastries) for groomsmen that are first time visitors to PR.

How about something in OSJ like St. Germaine, it is a nice French-Puertorrrican mix. They have a very good brunch menu, and it is walking distance from El Convento.

Perurican at El Condado area has a decent breakfast menu; what I like about is that it is a great beach front view.

In OSJ, there is also Cafe San Juan offering breakfast.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,885 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

The Mezzanine at St Germain Cafe has an unlimited drinks brunch offer. Very few options for food, but if you like to drink it might be a good place for you.

Edited: i just saw it is for the morning of the wedding, so perhaps not the best idea!

Edited: 23 August 2013, 16:47
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Thanks. I've actually been to Kasalta before too, just couldn't remember the name of it but I recognized it as soon as I seen the pics of the place!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Senor Frog's. You'll all get free balloon hats.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Cafe Manolin is my favorite for breakfast. The fresh OJ from the 100 year old machines was memorable.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
879 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Mallorca or Manolin. Just curious, what's wrong having breakfast at the El Convento?

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

Thanks for the other suggestions.

ProArtWork- I thought about breakfast at El Convento, but that's where my fiance and her bridesmaids are eating breakfast, so I wanted to go somewhere different lol.

9. Re: Breakfast suggestions in OSJ for Groomsmen???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:18