We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Availability in October??

Houston
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Availability in October??

We will be visiting San Juan for a few days in mid October (pre-cruise). I am trying to book some tours. However, I am either getting no response to my email inquiries, or I'm finding that there are no tours scheduled for the dates I'm looking for. Is October considered "off-season" and therefore fewer tour options available? or do I just need to try again as I get closer to my departure date?

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Availability in October??

Keep trying.

But September - October is peak hurricane season, and the lowest / slowest season for tourism-related businesses. Put the 2 together and many businesses simply close down for a couple weeks for vacation, or to do annual maintenance. I know of at least 1 sailing/snorkel company that pulls their boat out of the water in Sep/Oct every year.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Availability in October??

If a tour operator does not return your e-mails or you cannot get them to return a simple phone call, try another tour operator.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Availability in October??

Try www.castillotours.com.. or mail to reservations@castillotours.com , I have used them a few times for the fishing and Catamaran trip. They always respond the same day or next day

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Availability in October??

Look harder they are there and its slow.

Ellis Puerto Rico

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
5. Re: Tour Availability in October??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 11:39
6. Re: Tour Availability in October??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:17