We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation, etc.

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation, etc.

Hi All, will be making my first trip to PR in November. My family is renting a house on Vieques the week of Thanksgiving. My husband and I want to spend some time on main island the weekend before. Our plan is to take airport transportation to hotel in OSJ Friday afternoon (similar to Super Shuttle here). Spend Friday evening and Saturday exploring. Take airport transportation to an airport and pickup rental car Sunday morning. Drive around and see some sites. Stay in hotel in Fajardo Sunday night. Return rental car in Fajardo and get ride to ferry terminal Monday morning. My questions are:

1. Is this all doable? I can't seem to find where I would return rental in Fajardo.

2. I think I saw in another thread that it is cheaper to pickup rental off airport, like at a hotel property. True?

3. Any recommendations for hotel in Fajordo? Husband is okay with Fajardo Inn, i'm a bit skeptical.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation, etc.

There are no shuttles to the airport. Take a cab, fixed fare to OSJ is $19+$2gas surcharge+$1per bag.

If my memory serves me well, Avis does one way rentals. Youcan pick up at the Sheraton OSJ, then drop off at Ceiba airport. I believe they will take you to the ferry. Call them and verify this info.

As for a hotel in Fajardo, Fajardo Inn gets good reviews. Another option is El Conquistador.

2. Re: Transportation, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations