We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist trolleys

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
tourist trolleys

Is there a map that shows the location of the various trolley stops in OSJ? My husband and I want to explore a bit of OSJ the day before our cruise starts. I have difficulty walking long distances and up hills, so the trolley might be our best bet to cover a fair number of the sites we want to look at.

I've tried looking at the various PR tourism sites, but haven't been able to find any mention of them.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,744 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourist trolleys

There's a map at the prdaytours site.

There is only one trolley route in OSJ, and is sponsored by the local store owners. It will stop at all the major sites. Be aware there is no schedule, and that there isno waiting area at each stop, so bring a portable chair if you have problems standing for a long time.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 11:47
Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourist trolleys

There are 2 trolley routes

The white open air trolley goes all the way to El Morro entrance and passes The Capitol Building, San Cristobal Fort, then on to El Morro and will take u all the way to the entrance.

On the way back you pass San Cridtobal, then along Recinto Sur (pass several restaurants) then on close to Paseo del Princesa and back round to the cruise ship piers

Green trolley bus - one goes to El Morro and passes San Cristobal, not sure anout Capitol building as we always takr the open air obe, but stops at the small roundabout near El Morro but does not go to the entrance

green trolley - there is a second route that stays in the center of OSJ and does not go to El Morro

The trolleys say which route they are for

Note: if its busy you are probly better not trying to get off at several stops as you could end up with a long wait for another trolley with space

I have found better look getting on the trolley at the stop near Raices

Edited: 15 September 2013, 15:17
ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourist trolleys

Thank you for the link to the map. It was exactly what I was looking for. And thank you for the info on the different routes. I don't think we'll try 'hop on hop off' at every stop, that would take much too long. But it's good to know that we'll have many options if and when we need them. Thanks again.

4. Re: tourist trolleys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:17