We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

We (family of 4--children ages 10/12) have 2 nights in San Juan prior to boarding a cruise ship in March. I am very interested in scheduling an electric boat bio tour during our visit. I currently have reservations at the Doubletree. From all of my investigation so far it looks like we would have to rent a car to get to Fajardo to do that. Are there any other options for hotel pick ups? Is it an easy drive at night? Any suggestions on the easiest/most economical way to make this happen?

Thanks

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

The company will pick you up for a fee. However, It will be less expensive to rent a car for the day. Doing so will give you the opportunity to make some stops along the way. For example, you can go to the rainforest and stop to eat at the Luquillo kiosks. The drive from SJ to Fajardo is very easy.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

The OP asked about electric boat in Fajardo biobay. I don't believe that either of the electric boat operators in Fajardo provide transportation to Las Croabas. Renting a car is best option.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
833 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

A compact car for 4 can be rented for under $20 a day. If you will not spend the night in Fajardo, that would be very economical, but would mean driving at night on the return. This site gives you an idea the lowest prices that are available within 2 weeks of travel:

carrentals.com/us/…2013-10-27-10-00

If you get lost easily in new territory, I would recommend a GPS, especially useful at night. Avoid traveling during "rush" times which might add hours to a 45 minute drive. Check out the parking situation and car pickup/dropoff if there is no a car rental agency at the hotel, ask about free parking at Croabas. Avis, Enterprise and Charlie have the highest ratings on this forum.

Out

4. Re: Electric Boat Bio Tour from San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:17