We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santurce

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Santurce

I am planning on staying at Radisson in Condado, and wondering if safety is an issue walking to and from La Placita in Santurce. We were planning on going there for dinner, and then hanging out for the nightlife, until midnight or 1am.

Also, is it worth going there for the nightlife on a Sunday or Monday night, or will it be dead. Not expecting a Friday night crowd, but would like there to be a little bit of live music and such. Lastly, will jeans and t-shirt be underdressed for the area? Slacks and button down shirt more appropriate?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santurce

The best nights for La Placita are thursday and friday. I doubt much will be open on monday, and sunday will be dead.

This area is not walking distance from the Radisson. Furthermore, walking around the area late at night, and w a few drinks on, is not advised. Take a cab if you go. Be advised there are no cabs in the area, so you have to call for service on your return.

The area is very casual. Jeans are more than ok. This is am area you go to have fun, and not "to be seen". Men go out in jeans and a button down with sleeves rolled up, or a casual shirt. No slacks here (not anywhere really- men dressing up means jeans and shirt, no shorts).

Edited: 03 November 2013, 12:43
Seattle
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santurce

Sounds like my kind of place. I wish I had planned my trip a little differently to be there on a Thurs. I guess I will find something else to do on Sunday night, and go there Mon and just hope for the best.

Thanks!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santurce

Sunday would be better. I meant there would not be many people there on sunday, and on monday most places will be closed, with even less patrons. Go in the late afternoon/early evening. Maybe there will be some people around for dinner (though imo, the restaurants there are not that great).

An alternative is to go to OSJ on Sunday evening, and Condado on Monday evening.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 12:00
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santurce

The Placita will be dead on Monday, not worth the effort going there. Depending on the dates of your trip, there will be interesting activities going on in San Juan area. Gives us the dates of your trip and we will suggest some fun activities taking place those days.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santurce

I will be in San Juan on Jan. 25th (Late) and leaving Jan.28th. Then back again on Feb 3rd or 4th. I wanted to see the La Isla del Encanto show in OSJ, but it looks like it is on Thurs and Fri only. As for restaurants, I am perfectly happy with pub style dining, nothing fancy or gourmet. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

6. Re: Santurce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about San Juan
Recent Conversations