We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

I'm looking to plan a trip for my family (two adults + 6-year old boy) to San Juan for January 2014 - around the 11th (dates are flexible) - for approx. 7 nights.

1) Am I late in getting started with the planning? I've seen posts with people having made reservations in Sept. for January/February.

2) Initial thought is to split the trip: OSJ, Fajardo and Vieques. Any advice on the order of the places?

More questions to come as I dig deeper into the planning.

Zabby

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

That is still holiday season in PR, plus it is high season, so you might have some trouble booking accomodations.

Be aware that around those dates is the San Sebastian Festival in OSJ. The place gets horribly crowded (think mardi gras) and access by car is limited. Not sure if the exact dates are posted yet, but is sonething you should be aware of.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

1. You're not late, but you're very quickly getting there. Book asap.

2. I would go to Fajardo first, spend your first night (or 2) there and leave for Vieques in the morning. Leave San Juan for the last portion of your trip so you're closer to the airport.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

Thanks so much for the responses. Am on it!

Like the idea about doing Fajardo first.

4. Re: San Juan Trip: Early Itinerary and Timing Advice Request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17