We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE in San Juan solo?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
NYE in San Juan solo?

Hi there,

I'm thinking about going to San Juan for NYE but unfortunately I have not been able to match the timing with any of my friends so the only option is to go solo. I'm in my mid-20s I love to party and would be willing, potentially, to spend some cash to get to the best ones. But my question is will I be able to find some new friends to party with and have a fun time or will I run into mainly couples/ families and feel a bit isolated and lonely? Also what are your recommendations about where to go for NYE?

Thanks for your help!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE in San Juan solo?

I believe that the high-end NYE parties (at the hotels) are adults only. But to be sure, go to El San Juan hotel's Brava club. It's a hottest club in town and it's adults only.

As far as making friends, NYE is a night where people go out to celebrate with their own groups, but if you see a friendly one, maybe you can introduce yourself and ask if you can join. If you're a man and you see a group of local ladies, respecfully yourself and respectfully offer to buy them a drink. Chances are they'll stick with you for the rest of the celebration.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE in San Juan solo?

NYE is a night that most people go out to have fun after midnight , so everything should be packed, there are of course NYE parties that start early in the night and run till sunlight. The biggest ones (Bravas and basically every big hotel with a dance floor) usually do a pre-sale of their tickets online so you should be on the look out around mid december.

¿Is it a good night to meet new people?it always is! Of course it all depends on you, but been a tourist is already a plus in the eyes of most of the locals. So yeah, I bet you could ride solo and still have fun in such a big night.

3. Re: NYE in San Juan solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17