We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice for an evening

Omaha
Level Contributor
46 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Best choice for an evening

We are 3 couples staying one night at the Airport Hotel before flying out to St. Croix early the next morning to St. Croix. Originally, arriving in mid-afternoon, I had planned a visit to Isla Verde to see the beach and dine at Metropol. Our arrival has now been pushed back to 5 P.M. and I'm wondering if walking in that area after dark would be safe.

Or should we just take a cab into Old San Juan for the evening? If so, where should we get out, and what to see and where to eat? Prefer local type food while also having the option of a hamburger for one of our group. By the way, it will be a Monday evening.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best choice for an evening

Walking sround OSJ, Condado or Isla Verde is safe. I would recommend you take a cab to OSJ, have dinner, then walk around. The forts are beautiful at night.

Recommended places for local food are Cafe Puerto Rico and Cafe La Princesa.

2. Re: Best choice for an evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19