We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free at airport upon arrival

Canada
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
duty free at airport upon arrival

Hi

We are flying into San Juan . Can anyone tell me the hours for the liquor duty free store ?/

24 hours ??

We arrive at 11 pm.

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Food Tour
268 reviews
from US$92.19*
Old San Juan Walking Tour
202 reviews
from US$40.00*
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

Do you want to purchase liquor for consumption on the island? If so, skip the duty free shop, it's cheaper in many of the island stores. Shop at the duty free stores if you are taking liquor back home with you.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 13:41
Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

Only able to purchase duty free upon departure from Puerto Rico. For departure from SJU duty free closes about 7:30pm. Duty free in BQN closes about 5:30am.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,327 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

Duty free is usually upon departure. Being that PR is considered part of the US, you will not be leaving from the international terminal on departure. Now because PR is under commonwealth status you can purchase upon departing PR. Prices are pretty good, but you can get things locally for the same price or cheaper. The advantage is that you do not have to use your luggage and therefore the weight in your checked bags. They give it to you as carry on, which has it's advantages.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

Thanks for info

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

I had asked the same question a couple of years ago because I was taking a red eye out about midnight--finally found out that the duty free shops open for departures even if they have "closed"

Canada
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

I wanted it for arrival to San Juan

No worries

Bronx, New York
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

Does anybody know what time does duty free open, my flight leaves at 6 am.

8. Re: duty free at airport upon arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:15