We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
266 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

I am looking for more info on the trolley system for Old San Juan...we will be staying at Ocean Park beach for a couple of days,and want to visit the old city for at least one day,maybe 2. We have a car rental, but I'm wondering about the trolley line.... see different reports about what is available- where can I find official info? OR should we just drive closer in and park,then tour? If we drive where is a good place to park the car? (easy to get to/leave, inexpensive,fairly safe)

thanks!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

The trolley in Old San Juan is ONLY in Old San Juan. It does not go to Ocean Park. We've posted info (including a route map) about the trolley on our web site ... puertoricodaytrips.com/free-trolley-old-san-… ... while not "official" info, probably the closest thing you'll find.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
266 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

thank you!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
266 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

any good info on parking near the old city?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,778 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

As explained above the free shuttle works only within OSJ. I believe the name of the beach "ultimo trolley" refers to a very old trolley line that had that beach as last stop.

You can drive to OSJ and park in any of the 3 lots by Recinto Sur St or the one across La Princesa. Do not try to park on the street. There are lots closer to El Morro but these are very expensive.

5. Re: Ultimo Trolley? between Ocean Beach- OSJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17