We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McDonough, Georgia
14 posts
Save Topic
First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

My husband and I are heading to Puerto Rico for the first time. We will be staying at La Concha from April 26th - 30th.

I'm thinking about the below itinerary:

-Saturday, April 26th: Check into La Concha

-Sunday: April 27th: Beach/Pool day at La Concha

-Monday: April 28th: Old San Juan

*Would love some suggestions for must see attractions and dining

*Taxi? Public transportation?

-Tuesday: April 29th: Day trip?

-Wednesday: April 30th: Fly Home

I'm struggling with if we should have another beach day on our last full day or if we should take a day trip to see some other parts of the island. I've heard that the rain forest is great and also the area around Fajardo for snorkeling. We will not be renting a car so we will need to take public transportation or go through a tour company. Do you have any recommendations on where we should visit and which company to use?

I'm also interested in the best restaurants/bars around Condado. My husband and I are in our late 20s and like upscale restaurants as well as casual beach bars. Would love to try some local food.

Thank you!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Hi Ally, Well, you'll have great nightlife on Saturday onsite at La Concha. Some nice restaurants in the Condado are Perla ( also onsite, Yantar, Oceano and 1919 ( very upscale) You can take the bus to Old San Juan during the day. Taxis at night. You might try the Rain Forest by tour on Tuesday, but like many before you, you might just hang out at the pool or beach.

McDonough, Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Do you have any companies that you recommend for tours?

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

You can do a catamaran tour for snorkeling and visiting Culebra. I call it an all in one great plan: drinks included (well rum punch and beer), lunch, nice way to get a sun tan, snorkeling, beautiful beaches, sailing and just relaxing :) There are some companies that will pick you up from your hotel (at an extra cost), but worth it if you don't want to rent car and drive.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Up the street from LaConcha.is Casa Lola.... delicious and the place is beautiful. Right across from the hotel is a very casual place with excellent Puerto Rican food called Angel Cafe.

A day at Luquillo Beach would be nice....it is Mich nicer than Condado Beach with local flair as well. So much food to choose from at Luquillo also!!

LaConcha has an adult only pool which we loved.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Hi Ally! I'm actually doing the same trip as you but in June. We are staying at the same hotel and same dates as well. Any suggestions or tips from your trip??

Thanks so much!

Powder Springs...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

I highly suggest taking a Foodie Tour in Old San Juan. You can take a walking tour which includes a guide telling you the history of OSJ and a taste of the local food from I believe 5-6 different restaurants.

sanjuanfoodtours.com

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

Please note that the OP is probably on her way home already. Unless she requests additional information, let's not add to this thread.

8. Re: First Time Visitors/Itinerary - La Concha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:15