We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need more members for a ziplining tour!

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need more members for a ziplining tour!

Hey there,

Three of us will be in San Juan from 8/6-8/12 and wanted to partake in a fabulous ziplining adventure. I talked to a rep at a company called Acampa Nature Adventures and was informed that we need a group of SIX in order to take the tour. The cost is $115/per person (including taxes and all that jazz) and I've included a brief description below and a link to the website. In case you're worried about winding up on a half-day hike or waterfall dip with a bunch of loonies, you should know we don't stink, whine or steal. Contact me if you're serious about what sounds like a really amazing experience. Thanks!!

"Mucaro Zipline Rainforest 1/2 Day Adventure.(7:00am-12:15pm, $115.00pp with tax; minimum age is 8 years old, minimum weight of 55 pounds):

Mucaro is a private reserve located just 40 minutes from San Juan(on the Center-East side of Puerto Rico, at the base of the Carite Rainforest). Activities- Trekking upriver through boulders, Waterfalls, and lush native flora, Multiple Zip-lines(6), Hiking, and "jolla" Climbing (steep and winding rock gullies where rainwater intermittently flows to feed the river below). It includes: Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in the San Juan area, or alternative meeting places outside the metro area, use of technical equipment for the vertical elements, and expert guides for the day."

www.acampapr.com/page.cgi…

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need more members for a ziplining tour!

Check out Toro verde web site. They have hanguing bridges, rapelling and zip line tours aswell. The good thing about them is that you make reservations for a schedule tour time, and they will make sure to fill up the group. So you don't have to be looking around for others to join.

I think that also Marquesa canopy tours also, has no minimum group requirement as they also make individual arrangements. This is a smaller park but much closer to San Juan area.

Oakland, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need more members for a ziplining tour!

Thank you SO much Beach Orquid! I figured there might be another company that offers tours where they fill them up themselves but haven't had much luck using Google as my research tool. We're definitely going to check out these companies!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need more members for a ziplining tour!

The trip with ACAMPA is so much more than just ziplines ...

It's weird that they wouldn't take your contact info with the hope of getting more people themselves to make up the 6 minimum. Usually, the minimum is to run the trip, not for "your personal group".

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need more members for a ziplining tour!

Hi there, I'm actually booking a ziplining tour, hike, waterfall rappeling, etc for $144 per person all day guide through Rocaliza Tours. They accomodate single travelers and groups of all sizes. You should check them out. Highly rated as well. Cheers and good luck!!

5. Re: Need more members for a ziplining tour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16