We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

Have two Tweens, and really need a family vacation. I am a freak about clean hotels. Have a reservation, but could cut costs by about $400.00. Hot tub and pools are pretty important to the children. Advice?

Washington
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

We have stayed at the Ritz on our last two trips with our three younger children. Nice pool and hot tub and certainly one of the nicer resorts in the area. Not to mention you get the Ritz service and experience. I have walked through both of the other resorts and though there is nothing wrong with them, we will continue to opt for the Ritz as long as the price is somewhat competitive. The only thing about the Ritz and Intercontinental is that they are both in Isle Verde which is a little more removed from the main San Juan attractions. The Marriott is in Condado and has plenty of shops and restaurants up and down the street, plus it is walkable or a short bus/taxi ride to Old San Juan. Isle Verde still has plenty of shops and restaurants, but you generally have to walk a little further to get to them so that might be a consideration. On the flip side, Isle Verde has a much nicer beach and even though it is still in San Juan, it doesn't feel quite as compact and pressed together as Condado. I'd recommend deciding where you want to be located first, and then choose a hotel in that location.

Matt

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

Another thought. The Casitas at the El Conquistador. They have studios to 3 bedroom units. Very nice. Plus the El Con has a water part and they have a private island rented with a beautiful beach.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

I vote for Intercon. Hands down. Very nice hotel, great location, and has the best beach.

NC
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

We're staying at the marriott stellaris right now-- super clean property. We booked thru delta vacations and got a great deal for 4 nights with air fare. Nice pool nice beach but not a long one. Restaurants within walking distance are fantastic--- we were upgraded to ocean front

On 18th floor- gorgeous view

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

Was the ocean super rough? I read reviews that the waves in that area can be pretty strong?

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

Hi! Are there a lot of kid friendly restaurants within walking distance to this hotel? We are trying to keep costs down with food....

7. Re: Ritz San Juan, Marriott Stellaris, or Intercontinental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 07:16