We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise for only part of the itinery

Manitoba, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Cruise for only part of the itinery

I am taking a Celebrity Cruise in Dec. and my son wants to join us for part of the cruise (4 of 7 days) and spend the rest scuba diving. How can we do that.

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

Your best bet would be to contact Celebrity directly. You're better off posting this question on Cruise Critic.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

He joins you at the beginning of the cruise. Gets off at a port of call. Misses the ship departure. Contacts the ship, all is fine. Flys home.

Manitoba, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

What about his passport which the cruise purser retains and issues a card in its place.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 16:31
Manitoba, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

Thanks 4 your answers Belle and Bob. 20 yrs ago I did this with the cruise lines assistance and flew ahead one stop to spend an additional day in St Thomas and rejoined ( I guess thats what would happpen if I missed the ship.) But in these days a lot more complicated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

You are mistaken in thinking Celebrity holds passengers passports on Caribbean itinerary cruises. The only thing that you may have a problem with is him joining at a port other than the first port. I am doing something a bit similar. I am cruising from Puerto Rico on Celebrity in October and departing the cruise prior to it's return to Puerto Rico. I obtained permission to do this through Celebrity directly by sending an email requesting this;however, this is only possible on certain itineraries not all.

6. Re: Cruise for only part of the itinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:16