We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Which Mayaguez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Grange, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

I have heard that there is an amazing Farmer's Market in Mayaguez, but I can't find any concrete information about it. Has anybody been to it and know where it is held?

10 replies to this topic
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Farmers Markets or "Plaza del Mercado" in spanish are very common in Puerto Rico. Almost every town has one. It is usually a large building with booths where local farmers sell their produce, from fruits, roots, vegetables, spices and condiments, meats, fish and poultry. They open from the wee hours in the morning, when the produce arrive to mid afternoon or later.

Mayaguez Farmers Market Location: http://tinyurl.com/4jtglrw

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

There is a large one- Comming from Rincon, take RT. 115 to RT2. Turn Right. Farmers Markets or "Plaza del Mercado will be on your Right side. I belive Wensday-Sunday??

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Hi Pineapple, are you referring to the Flea Market that takes places on weekends? Where Abonos Super A used to be?

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Thank you , for the misinformation, I was worng.. I was was talking about the Flee markret... Sorry... Although the Fle Market is somtminthing to see. Thank tok you for cormecetiing me. . The Fle Makket is so differant, than the ones in the States. NOT a Famermers market at all. We do have a Framers Marktet i Rincon, Every Sunday...Aagain, sorrry for the mis info..

vermont
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Hi ChinaSupay - in getting back to the FARMER's market that you give directions to, on the days this one operates?

Port Clinton,Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Does anyone know if the Rincon Farmer's Market is still operating?

We were just told that it is not, but wondering if anyone has any recent info

on this?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Rinco has a very small farmers market. It is in the Rincon plaza. It looks like it is now every Sunday 8am - 1pm. Check out the Rincon magizine http://www.elcoquiofrincon.com

Tampa
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

I just got back from PR and visited the Mayaguez Mercado. It is downtown 3-4 blocks from the city centro to the west. I did not write down the address but anyone you ask can give you directions. It is an indoor market and a facinating place selling everything from meat to vegetables. I went on a Saturday and it was very busy. Worth going to see.

NYC
Level Contributor
347 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

The Sunday Farmer's Market in Rincon is super, it's smallish but that's because almost everything is ORGANIC!!! Find the guy who makes the fantastic Homemade Hummus as well as Stuffed Cabbage with Organic Yellow Rice in an amazing Tomato Sauce...worth the trip!!! GO!!!

Save Reply
10. Re: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?

Are the prices reasonable?

Reply to: Farmer's Market in Mayaguez-Where and when is it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mayaguez
Recent Conversations