We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dorado or Isla Verde?

Which Dorado hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dorado or Isla Verde?

We are traveling in July and are trying to pick a location. Dorado looks nice, but I have 2 boys (age 16 and 11) and need things for them to do. We will rent a car and have plans for the rainforest, bio bay and fishing charter. Is Dorado a good choice or too far away from things? Should we stay in a smaller place in Isla Verde or the larger condo in Dorado?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

With boys that age, I would select one of the Ocean Villas at Rio Mar in Rio Grande (check VRBO) or Conquistador in Fajardo. If you are set between with Dorado or Isla Verde, then Isla Verde.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

You're better off staying in Isla Verde. Dorado is nice but pretty far from the activities on your agenda. It's great for golfing, and relaxing. But your children may find it boring. Isla Verde is right in the heart of San Juan, has the nicest beach, and it's close to everything in San Juan, closer to the east than Dorado.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

Thanks for the tips. I think we've settled on Isla Verde, but now need help with which condo complex to try. ESJ Towers has several available. Also found Reina del Mar and Marbella del Caribe. Also Waldorf Towers. Any advice for me on this?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

I recommend reading the reviews here on TA. I know for a fact that ESJ Towers gets great reviews. I've read good things about Marbella too but ESJ Towers seems to be more popular.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

I read one very so-so review of ESJ Towers somewhere and then good ones too. I've read that upkeep on ESJ depends on the condo owner and some are not so good. Also, that the hallways smell musty. Any truth to that? Might be just one unhappy renter among many happy ones. Any help with the Waldorf Towers?

6. Re: Dorado or Isla Verde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 07:15