We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponce Activity for single woman

1 post
Save Topic
Ponce Activity for single woman

I am in Ponce this week by myself and would like to take a city tour, adventure tour, or just do something that has a guide. Is there a specific tour group or activity that is best for a young woman traveling alone?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ponce Activity for single woman

Unless you just find a guy on the street to be your guide, I don't think you will have any problem. I am guessing you don't have a car?

The City of Ponce runs a tour right from the Fire House that goes around and stops a few places, but not at the major sites (Serrelles/Tibes etc). Getting to those will be trickier as most tour companies don't go everywhere. I think Ponce has a bus or something that will get you to La Guancha where you can take a boat over to Caja del Muertos island on a weekend day. You can ask them at the firehouse (there is a tourism info booth).

The adventure companies that are in the area are also guided, but finding one that will pick you up in Ponce may be a problem. West Side Adventures maybe?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ponce Activity for single woman

The Conservation Trust of Puerto Rico has a tour of a restored colonial coffee plantation in the mountains just above the city of Ponce called Hacienda Buena Vista. There are other tours here:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147323-Activiti…

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ponce Activity for single woman

Ponce City Tour

http://www.viptourspr.com/tours.html

•Available from Monday to Sunday

•Castillo Serallés

•La Cruceta del Vigía

•Japanese Garden

•Downtown Ponce

•La Guancha Boardwalk

•Various Museums

•Shopping Centers

•Tickets and Lunch included

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ponce Activity for single woman

Hacienda Buena vista was a nice visit. They do several tours throughout the day, but I think only 2 per day are in English.

The Tibes Ceremonial Centre was very interesting as well and the guide very informative.

Enjoy your time in Ponce!

5. Re: Ponce Activity for single woman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ponce