We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trails in El Yunque?

rome italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trails in El Yunque?

Hi, My husband and I are going to San Juan this coming weekend and are renting a car on Monday to go to El Yunque and Loquillo for the day. We want to go to El Yunque in the morning and we were hoping for a recommendation as to a good trail that is fun but not overly hard, and ideally goes past a waterfall where we can hop in for a dip. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trails in El Yunque?

They have a wesite with lots of information: Here is the trails link: fs.fed.us/r8/…recreation_hiking.shtml

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trails in El Yunque?

I would recommend Big Tree trail. It is easier than La Mina trail, which is steeper.

They both take you down to the waterfall where you can go in.

I have done a review of the trails, so you know what to expect. Check it out and judge for yourself which trail best suits your needs.

puertoricodaytrips.com/category/rainforest/

rome italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trails in El Yunque?

Perfect, thanks so much to you both!

4. Re: Trails in El Yunque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...