We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
721 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

Well the flights we were looking at finally dropped and we have plane tickets. I now need to make our lodging reservations and I'm having a hard time deciding between Yunque Brisas Villa (VRBO #311614) and Rainforest Inn.

One appears to be more in the rainforest and the other is a little closer to PR-3. They both seem to have good views but there is approx. $30 price difference. We will be staying for 2 nights and our main purpose for visiting the area is to see the rainforest.

Any thoughts?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

Just a comment regarding accommodations inside the national park. There are none. The properties you are interested in are outside the El Yunque rainforest proper.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

prexplorer,

I am aware of that, but the Rainforest Inn is a little more central to the park if I'm reading things right. The villa near Rio Grande seems to have a nice setting also. Any thoughts on the two choices?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

Just to clarify- There are a number of rentals in the El Yunque National Forest, just none on the Federally owned lands of the forest. Our property is zoned "Bosque" as is the Rainforest Inn.

Both places you are interested in are very different.

Rainforest Inn is a really nice place and it is a B&B just on the Federally owned forest line. It is high up in the hills with a view down the forest valley to the far away shore. They provide you a gourmet breakfast. They have a few units (with kitchens and a living area) and are on a nice property. It is not however centrally located to the trails of the forest. For that you need to go down to Rt 3 and then up again (due to a landslide which they are now in the process of fixing).

The other property looks nice, but is closer to the shore, Looks like a conventional vacation rental where you cook breakfast for yourself. You are closer to the main entrance to the usual N191 forest trails, but not really in the rain forest.

Edited: 25 December 2012, 23:24
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

Although I love El Yunque Brisas, the Rainforest Inn is much closer to the edge of the National park, in fact they have their own private path to a river in the rainforest.. so the truer rainforest experience would be at the Rainforest Inn.. a lovely place. price difference is irrelevant. El Yunque Brisas is the perfect location for the breezes that come down from the El Yunque mountains, but they are certainly located closer to the beach. BOTH of the owner/operators are very friendly, nice people. Another choice would be Sue's Villas if price is a big concern. also a great place to stay but she does not serve breakfast.

Edited: 18 March 2013, 17:29
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

What did you decide? I'm heading there in 2 weeks and am looking for a place in El Yunque for $100 or less. I'll be there fore 2 nights and am I'm interested in light hiking.

Save Reply
6. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

I stayed in Yunque Brisas a few weeks ago and wrote a review on VBRO - mobile.vrbo.com/311614#_propertyDetails_0 - and I can't say good enough things about it. Incredibly beautiful, peaceful, nourishing both mind and body, gorgeous organic orchard from which you can eat to your hearts content, goirmet breakfasts included, and daily personalized recommendations from the owner. One of my biggest concerns when traveling is being overwhelmed with all the choices of activities and restaurants all claiming to be the best. The owner (Brad) has been there forever and knows! It is a mile or two from the rainforest entrance.

I haven't been to the other place you asked about and I'm sure it is nice too, but I do know that I can't wait to go back to Yunque Brisas.

7. Re: Help with two lodging choices near El Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...