We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to experience El Yunque?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
best way to experience El Yunque?

Looking for recommendations if hring tour service (from hotel to rainforest) is best way to go or ent car and hike with park rangers? thank you

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to experience El Yunque?

In late January, we used -

http://elyunque.com/islandwalkers.htm

He picked us up at the hotel and returned us at the end of the day. We had a group of five and everyone was very happy with the experience.

One of the reasons we wanted a guide was I like the educational aspect that comes along with having an expert/professional telling us about the what we are seeing. Learning about the trees/plants and the ecology really added to our experience.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 14:40
San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to experience El Yunque?

Get a car. The drive is easy and scenic. We combined a morning in El Yunque (parked at the end of Rd 187 and climbed to Mr. Britton) with the afternoon at the beach in Luquillo. You can stop by the visitors' center for maps and guidance or look online.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to experience El Yunque?

I got a ride to the bottom and wandered around. It's best to go in the morning. I got there at 8am at La Mina falls...completely empty. A few hours later, the waterfalls were packed with people swimming and laying around. In the morning I was able to get good pictures without people in the way. I went up El Yunque trail to the peak and got a very good panoramic picture without any clouds yet. Its best to go in the morning when not many people are there yet.

4. Re: best way to experience El Yunque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 18:35
5. Re: best way to experience El Yunque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...