We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Yunque Trail

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
El Yunque Trail

Has anyone been on El Yunque Trail and gone up to the summit after all the rains a couple of weeks ago? I'd like to go sometime next week if the conditions are ok.

Thanks!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Yunque Trail

I haven't done it recently, but it is not on the list of closed trails, so I guess it is ok.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Yunque Trail

Thanks a bunch. I'll head over next week and give it a go.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
313 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Yunque Trail

Just there last weekend. Some trails were closed.I'm sure most all are opened now.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
313 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Yunque Trail

Just there last weekend. Some trails were closed.I'm sure most all are opened now.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
313 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Yunque Trail

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Yunque Trail

Went to the summit of El Yunque peak yesterday. The trail was in good shape. I had to access the trail via the Baño de Oro trail since the Caimitillo trail across from the Palo Colorado visitors center was closed off. Nice hike!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Yunque Trail

Good news. Too bad you had no view due to the heavy Sahara Dust we had yesterday. But I do like the hike too!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Yunque Trail

There were some breaks in the clouds and the views to the south were great! It was nice and refreshing as the clouds moved in and out. I live in Bayamón, so I plan on returning regularly.

9. Re: El Yunque Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...