We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5 star accomodations

Baltimore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for 5 star accomodations

Martineau Bay Resort sounds perfect but it is closed for renovations until December 2008. Seems Bravo Beach Hotel has gotten so-so reviews as did Inn on the Blue Horizon. Anyone have other suggestions?

1. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 23:47
New York, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Hi Jill! I like Hacienda Tamarindo! They are located right next to The Inn on the Blue Horizon. I also like the Hix Island House however it is a very minimalist design so you have to like that type of accomodation. I would not go to another island as Vieques is absolutley perfect!!

Scituate
Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Dear Jillin:

If your quest is for five star accomodations, perhaps Vieques is not your island. No one is likely to pamper you on Vieques the way they do at say a Four Seasons, or a Ritz Carlton. Even Martineau Bay on its best days was not likely up to your five star standards. Consider Little Dix on Virgin Gorda, Caneel Bay on Saint John, or the Ritz in San Juan. I do not think you would find Vieques to your liking.

Good luck!

Jack

New York, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

I think that was VERY rude Jack and perhaps you should stay home from now on. Vieques has something for everyone but they certainly don't need someone trying to steer tourists away. Not very nice.....

Scituate
Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Whoa!

I am sorry if I sound rude; that is most certainly not my intention. In my opinion, if one is seeking "5 star accomodations", my beloved Vieques is not the right fit. We can disagree that Vieques is or is not for everyone.

My intention was to be helpful, and not in any way to be rude. I would hate for this person to go to Vieques expecting one thing and recieving another.

My suggestions only followed the posters request.

regards,

Jack

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Hi LaLanyny., With all the respect, I think Jack was not rude at all., for the contrary he is 100% right in not only everything he has posted but also the way he posted it.

As far as I know., Mr. Jack Armstrong (whom I do not know personally) knows very well Vieques Island., its people and is very capable of making a recommendation (good or bad) on any matter related. Just take some time to read some of the 36 posts he has writen in this forum.

JillinMD:

Vieques do not have 5***** accomodations., maybe some day who knows.,(I hope not many) but you can enjoy the beauty of the Island, its people and many other great simple things we can offer without staying in a 5 ***** hotel, I am positively sure about this.

Also I can recommend you Hacienda Tamarindo as one of the best accomodations the Island has to offer.

Good Luck and Enjoy Vieques and its people!!

Humberto

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

I agree that Vieques is not for you. Vieques is not the sort of place you go to if you need a lot of pampering. Even the Martineau Bay Resort was not a 5 star. There are not many 5 star hotels in PR and the Ritz Carlton (as nice as it is) is not a 5 star either. I agree also that you may want to look elsewhere.

Baltimore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Thank you for all of your comments. Sounds as though I should look into Hacienda Tamarindo and Hix Island House. I also read some good reviews on Evamer. Thoughts on the 3? I realize I will not find a Ritz Carlton on the island. Jack- thank you for your recommendations, I love Little Dix Bay and Caneel Bay. Just looking for something different.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Evamer is A-ok. My personal recommendation would be the Miramar room, with El Cottage being second.

Evamer is not even close to 5 star however. No restaurant, no room service, no tennis, golf or spa. Just a great place to relax, be left alone, and use for your base to explore the island (you should rent a jeep for maximum beach/snorkelling access). It does have a nice private beach on which you will be totally alone, and the view from Miramar is fantastic.

If you crave air conditioning, Evamer is not the place for you. There are no windows, only louvers. So...you have a choice, either a well-lit, airy room open to the ocean breezes, or a very dark air conditioned one. Most times of the year, I'm told that this isn't an issue, no ac required. We stayed in August, and only used it a couple of times at night while sleeping.

Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Rent one of the villas at Martineau. Gina Diaz who oversees most of them also offers a concierge service that will arrange anything you want,daily maids, private chef, massage, yoga lessons at your villa. You can also rent a smaller villa anywhere on island and Gina can still arrange these things for you.I think she calls herself caribbean caretaking and Concierge service.She can be found through Island Real Estate.There are fabulous private villas available.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques