We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5 star accomodations

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for 5 star accomodations

Martineau Bay Resort sounds perfect but it is closed for renovations until December 2008. Seems Bravo Beach Hotel has gotten so-so reviews as did Inn on the Blue Horizon. Anyone have other suggestions?

San Diego
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

Honesty, the other posters who told you to skip Vieques if you need to have 5 star accomodation are totally correct. I don't think there is anything on the island that could even be considered 4 star. Probably the W when it opens, maybe. But that's what makes Vieques so fantastic.

I have stayed in the best hotels in the world, and have returned to Vieques (Evamer, to be exact, you can see my reviews) 3 times in the past year and a half (just was there most recently over Thanksgiving). In my travels around the world, Vieques ranks right up there as one of my all time favorites. Evamer is fantastic for Vieques, as it fits the "mood" of the island - quaint, laid back and beautiful. But the Four Seasons it aint. Nowhere on Vieques is. I truly believe someone who is only wanting to stay in a 5 star resort is better suited going to another island. Tis a shame, because you will miss a spectaular slice of heaven, but different strokes for different folks! Good luck to you, no matter where you decide to go!

12. Re: Looking for 5 star accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 02:21