We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navio Beach, Vieques island

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Navio Beach, Vieques island

Has anyone stayed near this beach? Looks like it is the only real place with waves for body surfing and white sand on the island so we will want to go here but I can't find any lodgings nearby. Anyone know of a 1 bedroom/studio for less than $80 night?

Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

Navio is on a state park reserve (along with Sunbay and Media Luna), you are not going to get real near. Read about Vieques, abit you can stay on the water and sometimes even near a beach but you need a vehicle (or a bike)to get to the best beaches. Navio can be reached from just about anywhere on Vieques in 10-12 minutes. It is a gorgeous beach but don't come to Vieques just for one beach, the waves are unreliable. There are some inexpensive apartments in Esperanza, try Mi Pana, Ted guest house, Kathys and there are others

Mentioned in this post
Esperanza
Esperanza
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

Siren covered the Navio thing, so my input is for fairly inexpensive lodging:

try Casa de Amistad, it's a guesthouse, but nice, cheap, clean & close to lots in Isabel II.

Ted's or Casa de Kathy-both mentioned are also good choices.

Navio is very cool. Waves are not huge -and unreliable. But a body-board is a fun thing to have there. Don't forget your water shoes- not for the water, but for exploring all around the cool rocks & walking over them to smaller beaches.

Explore the underwater caves at Navio,too. We got some of the best pics.

Have fun!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

Also, be sure to wear something on your feet when walking from your jeep to the sand. There are many of what we call "sand burrs" here in Tennessee, in the vegetation before you reach the clear sandy area of the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
DC Metro
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

I noticed that within the forums not many people have recommended Casa Alta Vista, but yet it gets a high rating. I will be checking in there in 10 days, and am now wondering if there's something that people aren't mentioning.

Thanks,

-Ron

Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

Hmmmm!!!! Casa Alta Vista,If you look at the reviews,carefully, the majority are one time posters who have never been moved before or after to post anything on Tripadvisor. Highly suspicious, to say the least. My information is sooooo different than the glowing reports that always say the same thing, read the ones about the small dark, moldy smelling rooms, where the sheets are suspect etc. At least the management can't be accused of writing those reviews. At worst the place is awful, at best it is ho hum and just would not inspire hundreds of people to praise it highly! This has been discussed on the forum before.

6. Re: Navio Beach, Vieques island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 06:27