We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for oceanfront w/pool & kitchen/close to grocery etc

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for oceanfront w/pool & kitchen/close to grocery etc

Oh where to start, family of 4 (2 boys 8 & 11), need a 2BR with full kitchen, close to grocery, walking distance to "town" and restaurants, pool and oceanfront. I don't even know if Isla de Vieques is the right place...we are interested in exploring Puerto Rico, no AI's. Please, if you would, give me some starting points to research-possible accommodations.

Also...safety? We like to walk around, explore, mostly after dark, after dinner..is it safe on the island, what about the mainland?

(there will be more ???'s I'm sure, sorry, bear with me)

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for oceanfront w/pool & kitchen/close to grocery etc

Well the Bravos neighborhood offers many possibilities here. And you can walk and it is safe as long as you don't push it. Like wondering drunk at 2 in the AM. BUT read about Vieques and you will learn we all recommend you rent a car, at least for part of your visit.Check out the" for rent by owner"section of www.enchanted-isle.com for a list of island rentals. Your boys will love Bio bay!

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for oceanfront w/pool & kitchen/close to grocery etc

Thank you Viequessiren - we went to Cozumel in April (w/the boys) and loved it...but got to thinking about checking out the differences on Isla de Vieques. I will scour the link you gave me!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3. Re: Looking for oceanfront w/pool & kitchen/close to grocery etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:16