We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight problems....

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Flight problems....

Here is my dilemma:

I want to fly into SJU from Vegas on Friday, March 13th. Everything is fine for that flight. We plan to fly in, stay the night, and catch a hopper flight from Isla Grande the next morning, Sat. March 14th to Vieques.

Now, the problem is coming back. The only flights I can find reasonable rates on either leave early in the morning, (impossible to make) or 2:15pm. Now, we can make the 2:15pm flight from SJU, but that means we have to take the 7:30am hopper from Vieques, since another flight doesn't leave until 12pm. I think that would be cutting it too close. So, what do we do with all that time at SJU with all our luggage? Is there anything we can do with our luggage so we can sightsee a bit instead of waiting at the airport for hours on end? What would you guys do? The ferry times don't work any better.

Thanks! This is turning out to be difficult!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight problems....

I think VAL has a 9:30 am flight to SJU

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight problems....

It says on their website that their 9am flight is on Sundays only.

Remember, I have to fly from Vieques to Isla Grande.

My other thought is what about flying to Farajado instead, and then taking a cab? What is it like flying from there???

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight problems....

That 2 hours is probably more than enough time if you take the 12pm flight. On our departure in August we took the 12 VAL flight to Isla Grande, and made it in time to SJU for our 215 departure. It was plenty of time.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight problems....

Two hours just made me nervous. If VAL is right on time, we would be at the airport at 1pm for a 2:15 departure. Is that enough time? Because leaving from Las Vegas, that is not enough time here to clear security and check in! I just thought it was cutting it too close....anyone else think we can make it???

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight problems....

Why do you have to fly back to Isla Grande? Just because you flew out of IG doesn't mean you have to return there. It might be worth the extra money to pay the difference to fly back directly into SJU.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight problems....

Just my 2 cents on the VAL flight to Isla Grande and cab ride to SJU:

We took the 2pm VAL flight to Isla Grande to get to a 4:30 pm flight out of SJU and had no problems. Flight from Vieques is literally 20 minutes, within 10 minutes of landing you have your luggage in the cab, ride to SJU is at most 25 minutes in traffic. So thats Vieques airport though Isla Grande to SJU in an hour easy.

7. Re: Flight problems....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques
Recent Conversations