We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best meals for under $50

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best meals for under $50

I'd love to hear everyone's votes for the best food and/or most fun places for two people to eat for around $50 or less? (Drinks not included) Anywhere on the island is fair game as well as any type of food.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best meals for under $50

Hey Groovy

Under $50, for two is almost every place on the island.

Ive never eaten at Quenepo so im not sure about there.

Peters is excellent and should be under $50(or right around there) for two, with one app.

Topacia is great local seafood for under that.

Duffy's is a good place, well under that. not fancy, bar food in esperanza.

same with bananas.

barefoot bistro is good in bravos.

I like Richards alot and thats under. so is el resuelve.

trade winds can be good.

i like island steak house too, but dont remember thier prices too well.

you have lots of options.

when are you going? i will be there one week from tomorrow

woohoo i cant wait

FS

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best meals for under $50

That's good info, I was concerned about the price of dining out while on the island.

frank, I will also be there from June 2nd - 6th. I will be there with my wife and boys of 5 and 6. Perhaps paths will cross.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best meals for under $50

We are arriving on Sunday night. Last time we were there we hit Scoops, Duffys, Bananas, Richards, Tradewinds, and the restaurant at Island Adventures. I know that Scoops is now closed, so I'm looking for some new ideas to expand this list this time. We enjoyed all of the places that we went last time, with Richards being probably our least favorite (I think it was just an atmosphere thing as we were the only one's there, the food was good). We had a really great meal at Island Adventures after the Biobay tour.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best meals for under $50

Hello Everyone!

I can add to the list and well recomended La Taverna,

El Patio and Bistro Isleno (Island Bistro) all of them in Isabell.

As for El Patio and BI both are managed by locals and the food is prepared by very good chefs. You can easily dine for under $50 depending on your beverage consumption.

Enjoy Vieques Restaurants and its people!

HOC

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best meals for under $50

Is El Patio only breakfast and lunch? Or do they have dinner as well? We usually just eat lunch at the beach and then eat out for dinner.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best meals for under $50

They have dinner. It can be extremely slow, not just regular island time but REALLY slow....I want to recommend Topacio, interesting, local, fresh, reasonable. we were disappointed with Peter's this year having loved it in 08; it was very expensive and only ok. maybe just an off night, though. Have a great trip!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best meals for under $50

Try Coqui's Fire for budget and delicious meals - its only open two days so call and make reservations - outskirts of Isabel. Our best meal ( in April) was Bili in Esperanza. Could have eaten there twice - it was great and reasonable. Make sure you try the food trucks near Sun Bay. We went to Topaccio (have been twice before) and warning - it was awful and overpriced. Food was terrible, mofongo almost inedible -place was empty and when I looked at the bill, there were several charges added. When asking the waitress - "Oh that's the tax and that's the service charge". Never again for Topaccio.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best meals for under $50

We had dinner at El Patio and LOVED it. And it was not slow service-wise, just patron-wise. Our server was fantastic-quick and on the ball. Even the chef came out and checked on us.

We had hoped to go back for another dinner (as we liked it so much), but it was not open the other nights we went by.

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best meals for under $50

As is typical in restaurants Stateside, food quality and service in certain restaurants is no less variable here. In fact, maintaining a high level of both is extremely challenging here. If you "hit it" you will be rewarded.

After 12 years here I still haven't figured out how to "hit it" every time.

To me there in lays the fun. It's all about your experience.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best meals for under $50

Thanks for all the suggestions! We look forward to finding some new favorites this year. Now to decide where to eat for our first night tomorrow...