We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

We plan to rent a jeep when on Vieques several months from now. Someone recommended we use Maritza. If anyone out there has rented w/them, what are your thoughts on this co. (or person?). Did you have to tqake a taxi to p/up your rental, and what about gtting back to the ferry or airport? Also, any advice or info. re: the price would be helpful.

It would certainly be nice to find a rental agent who would give us a lift to the airport after we turn the jeep in. Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks for any replies.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

We rented from Maritza's earlier this year. The guy we rented our house from picked us up at the ferry and drove us to Maritza's.

Before returning the Jeep, I dropped the other people in our party and our luggage at the ferry dock. Then I went to return the Jeep alone.

After dropping the Jeep off, one of Maritza's employees used the Jeep we rented to drive me back to the ferry.

If you're just 2 people, a 2-door Jeep will be fine. Get something bigger if you're a bigger party. We couldn't fit the 4 of us + our luggage in our 2-door Jeep. We had to make multiple trips to the ferry dock.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
433 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

Have rented from them many, many times and never had a problem.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

I rented from Maritza two years ago. It went fine. ANy of the companies take you to the airport of ferry at the end of the rental.You need to take a cab there or a publico, unless the place you are staying offers this service, but they are very near. The price was about $65/ day as I recall.

Vieques car rental brings the car to your lodging, which is a nice perk; sometimes you can wait for a car until next am, depending on where you need to get the first eve.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

We used Maritza's this past June and I highly recommend them. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

We took a publico from the ferry station to Maritza's. As there were 5 of us, I can't recall the entire total for the ride, but it was relatively inexpensive.

For the trip back, we had one person drop the rest of us off and then return the Jeep. The plan was for him to take a publico back, but now that I think of it, not sure if that was how he made it back or if someone else gave him a lift back to the station.

We paid around 70-80 for a new Wrangler X.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
245 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

We rented from them last year. We arrived late to the island and they left the jeep at our hotel and told us to come the next day to the office to do the paper work. When we dropped the jeep off, one of the employees drove us to the ferry. Class act. Would rent from them again and reccomend them anytime.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

Thanks everyone!

7. Re: Anyone rented a jeep through Maritza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 08:17