We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Nirvana

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
4 posts
Save Topic
Villa Nirvana

We are planning on booking villa nirvana from Jan.3, 2010 to Jan. 15 2010. We are having problems communication with the owner and are beginning to question if others have experienced similar issues. We have noticed that the link to villa nirvana on the isla vieques website is no longer available. Things are starting to seem sketchy as very little information is provided, she would like us to send a cheque but at the same time does not want to provide us with a contract. Does anyone have any kind of information they could provide as to if this is a valid rental? a valid villa? a scam? etc.

Any information that could be provided would be beneficial in respect to whether we go ahead and send a cheque or just look for another place.

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Nirvana

Sounds like you're having serious doubts. I don't know anything about this property, but it's probably best to trust your instincts.

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Nirvana

This appears to be their website: www.viequesforyou.com/

Also found a review online that is from this past summer: homeaway.com/vacation-rental/reviews/p101499

Hopefully someone local can help you further or maybe someone who has stayed recently.

Good Luck!

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Nirvana

This link is to a review for Villa Altamira, not Villa Nirvana.

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Nirvana

Thank you Beth! Sorry about that - I originally confused the 2 properties and forgot that link was to the wrong property.

While looking for a review online I did find this: rentalo.com/114417/villanirvana.html… which says the property is for sale...maybe that's why they aren't very responsive.

Sorry - I do hope your reservation is fine!

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Nirvana

The website linked is one of the worst I've ever seen. It doesn't provide any useful or accurate information, and I couldn't get the photo galleries to appear on my computer. That said, other sites that show photos of the property make it look quite nice. However, I've never heard of it and would also agree that you should trust your instincts.

There are many other nice properties on the island in the same price range.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Nirvana

Dear Escape winter:

I would never send a check without a contract. As others have said, there are many beautiful rentals at that price. Why worry? why take a chance? Good luck!

Winnipeg
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Nirvana

What link are you referring to? - being the worst you've seen?

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Nirvana

This link.... slow to load, bad music that is surely unlicensed, pages that go nowhere, lack of information, and overall poor design. Not an award winner.

viequesforyou.com/Serendipity_and_Villa_Nirv…

puerto rico
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Nirvana

seems like you may want to book elsewhere if the response are not encouraging you to trust the security and validity. there are so many spots to chose from , why continue pushing for one that is sketchy feeling to you based on your interactions or lack thereof...

keep the stress level down in planning and enjoying your vacation!

vieques
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Nirvana

I know the villa and the owner and it is a wonderful home with pool. It is immaculate and very legitimate. There is total privacy, and the view is incredible. You have nothing to worry about.They own two luxury villas on Vieques.