We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do beaches in Vieques compare to those in St John?

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How do beaches in Vieques compare to those in St John?

I read that both places have beautiful beaches....does anyone here have first hand experience? Thanks.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do beaches in Vieques compare to those in St John?

Our beaches don't have 800 people on them as do the St John beaches when the cruise ship tenders drop them off. Though gorgeous you have to share!

St John has the finest sand and I was lucky enough to experience those beaches years ago, before the hordes were dropped in.Though the sand here is not as white or as fine, I prefer them because you can always find at least 100 yards of beach all to yourself. As far as BEAUTY, we have plenty of that here also.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
2. Re: How do beaches in Vieques compare to those in St John?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques