We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T-Mobile reception on Vieques

Wayland...
Level Contributor
490 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
T-Mobile reception on Vieques

My wife and I will be heading to Vieques next month. My current cell phone provider is AT&T Wireless, but I'm debating a switch to T-Mobile (primarily to get my hands on a Google Nexus One). Does anyone on this forum have any experiences they'd like to share about either provider - good or bad?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: T-Mobile reception on Vieques

Hi Extra Special b...

I have had a good reception on Vieques with my T-mobile phone, my wife on the other hand has not. I believe it was due to the fact that she uses a cheaper older modle that she is happy with. I do notice that the Tmobile service switches over to a Puerto Rico carrier, can't recall the name. I had service on all the beaches that I go to green, blue, red, secret, and sunbay. you might notice that your signal indicator might/will switch to a satalite type of reception. You can also go to the T-mobile website or contact a service rep and inquire about coverage. I know that when I went camping in the catskills of NY one year i had no reception and then next year I called to inquier and they said not a covered area, yet when I got there I had signal from the satelite. Go figure.

Enjoy Vieques,

Regards and good luck

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T-Mobile reception on Vieques

my att service was fine everywhere on VQS.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T-Mobile reception on Vieques

My ATT reception is sketchy at best . I also think a lot depends on the sensitivity of your equipment.

Wayland...
Level Contributor
490 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T-Mobile reception on Vieques

My thanks to everyone for the replies. I guess we'll have to do our own comparison tests during our next trip, visiting as many beaches and restaurants as possible... :^)

5. Re: T-Mobile reception on Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:19