We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Hotel Update

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
W Hotel Update

Hi All,

For those of you that are interested,

"We've been fretting over the opening date of the long-awaited W Vieques Island Retreat and Spa for quite some time. The last time we checked in, the hotel was set to open March 1 but an insider told us that reservations would not be accepted until sometime in May.

But yesterday we got encouraging news. The hotel (with 157 "sand-sational" rooms) is now opening March 25 with the added bonus that the miX on the Beach restaurant from superstar chef Alain Ducasse would be opening on April 1. (No foolin'!) Straight from the press release:"

Click here for the complete article,

hotelchatter.com/story/2010/2/22/16513/2784/…

Regards,

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: W Hotel Update

I also came across these so called resident rates for Puerto Ricans at W Retreat & Spa.

Opening March 25th with an exclusive “insider access” rate of $249/night

Book by April 1 for stays March 25 through June 1, 2010.

weekday rates from $179 per night. Book now for stays April 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010.

…starwoodhotels.com/W_Retreat_Vieques_Island…

Not my cup of tea,

Regards,

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W Hotel Update

Does anyone know about plans for the AA flights?

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: W Hotel Update

The W web page "Getting to Vieques" makes no mention of American Eagle. And AA is not listing Vieques as a destination it serves. I have not heard any buzz about AE starting anytime soon.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W Hotel Update

These are great news... I've been waiting a long time for its soft opening!

Hatteras Island...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: W Hotel Update

tigercasp, I'm confused by your post, first you say you're excited and looking forward to the W opening then you say it's "not your cup of tea". Can you explain please?

Tom

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: W Hotel Update

Hi Tom,

I don't mean to confuse or mislead anyone, but, I don't recall saying that I was ever excited about the W hotel opening. My post on this subject is a quote from the link that is posted with it. I am glad that they are finally going to open and bring needed jobs to the island and it's economy. I believe that the W hotel will draw people to Vieques and provide a secluded resort hotel style stay that some people like, and I hope for their success. As for my "$- not my cup of tea -$" comment, I basically ment that that is not the type of stay I am looking for when I go to Vieques. I am just a simple man and like to enjoy the simple things in life. Although, I don't mind being pamperd once in awhile. I know visitors will Enjoy Vieques and all that it offers.

Regards,

Hatteras Island...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: W Hotel Update

Tigercasp, thanks and yes it's not what you said it's just the way I read it.

Tom

Edited: 25 February 2010, 15:05
New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: W Hotel Update

The inconsistencies and lack of definitive anything, is cause for pause for me. I wouldn't be comfortable booking the W until I know for absolutely sure it is open. We decided to come to Vieques with 3 weeks to plan and when we tried booking a room, many hotels and inns that came highly recommended were all fully committed. So my concern would be that visitors that booked a room may learn there is no room just before their trip and be forced to settle with something else and there are no other options like the W on the island. With the exception of Blue Horizon, which is more of a boutique hotel and not receiving the best reviews as of late. This is just me though, I'm a "would-if" thinker. My husband would just go ahead and book it. I imagine that if they do screw this up that there would definitely be a discounted stay in it! We ended up renting a house and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but W is on our radar once we know for sure it's up and running!

9. Re: W Hotel Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques