We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Debit cards

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Debit cards

Just so we don't have to take a lot of cash or purchase travelers checks, we usually use debit cards to pay for almost everything. Are these accepted at most places in Vieques - (i.e. the grocery stores, etc.)

Also, can anyone tell us the operating hours of the grocery stores & fish market?

Thanks!

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Debit cards

Debit cards are accepted most places, but not, I think, the fish market or vegetable trucks, You can get cash at one of the 2 ATMs in Isabel ( though I have heard of them running out of cash occasionally on busy weekends). FIsh market has fish from late am and usually closes at 3, or did when I was last there a year ago.

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Debit cards

Hi bellasand. If your debit card is the Visa type then it will be accepted here the same as a credit card and yes, the two grocery stores and most all colmados, restaurants and gift shops accept them.

Descuento Morales on RT 200 opens around 6:30AM and closes around 6:00PM. Mercado Morales in Isabel Segunda is the same, but I have noticed them open until around 9:00PM on some nights.

The fish market next to the ferry terminal is usually open when the day fishermen return around 10:30AM/11:00AM. I don't know if they hold regular hours.

Have fun!

West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Debit cards

FYI- the fruit and vegetable stand at 201/200 takes credit cards as well.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Debit cards

Thanks, everyone for your help! 3 weeks and counting for our second trip since 2005. Can hardly wait!!

5. Re: Debit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 05:17