We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
gracielala
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

Im planning a trip to Vieques for early June. Im trying to decide between Villa Coral and Oreanda. They both have really good reviews. I really would prefer Oreanda but I emailed them and they said that they dont have air conditioning but they do have 3 fans. Will this be enough to cool us off in June? How humid is it in Vieques in the Summer?

Thanks!!

1. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 23:45
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,043 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

Agreed. It's not really the temp. After the first day, they windows are open and the air is off. It's low to mid 80's year round.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

We were in Vieques in late May one year. We were very grateful for a/c in the bedrooms, because it was very humid. Ceiling fans were also in the house, but wouldn't have been enough to cool us down for sleeping at night.

Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

It also depends where on the island you are. Our house sits on a hillside and gets great breezes so most of the time AC is not necessary. However like bellasand said the humidity if it's rainy can make it miserable. So really it depends on where the property sits (does it get naturally cooling winds), is it humid (can't predict June weather - it was rainy in Dec this year...) and what your families tolerance level is.

Do the properties you are considering have any comments in reviews about the lack of AC? If others have been there during June and said it was cool/comfortable then that may help in your decision also.

Good Luck and enjoy Vieques!

DC
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

I think you would welcome a/c in June. It's pretty humid at that time of year.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

It gets pretty humid starting in June and all the trade winds and fans won't help a bit. I need a/c that time of year.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

here is my 2 cents.

i like Vieques in the summer. i would say the humidity isnt so so bad.

but at night, i really like the a/c so i can fall asleep.

not every night. and maybe even none of the nights you are there.

but i think its always a good option to have.

gracielala
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

I looked at Oreandas reviews and they were are made in January and February when I think its cooler right?

According to the owner says its breezy because they are on the hillside and they have 3 fans.. Im going to risk it because I really love everything else about this rental

9. Re: No Air Conditioning in Vieques?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 06:16