We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chez Shack question

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chez Shack question

We will be visiting Vieques, again, in April. We missed Chez Shack the last time we were there. We've heard about the Monday night barbecue but have also heard great reviews about the menu during the rest of the week.

I'm looking for some input in helping me decide whether we should go on Monday or visit on another night. We're travelling with another couple (their first visit to Vieques) and want to go to as many different restaurants as possible. If we were the only ones travelling, we would just go to Chez Shack twice. We can't wait!!!!

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chez Shack question

Welcome back to Vieques.

I think you will find your answer after your first trip to Chez Shack. The Monday Grill Night is more about the "vibe" than the food in my opinion. Try them on another night if food is the priority. The owner Hugh Duffy is one of the real characters on this Island of many characters. He is a slice of Island Life.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chez Shack question

Thanks VQSJIM...You were a great help with questions prior to our last trip. I'll let the others know your thoughts and we'll take it from there...are reservations suggested if we aren't going on a Monday?

VIEQUES
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chez Shack question

Reservations are a good idea.

Omaha
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chez Shack question

Elliott,

We went to Chez Shack on a night other than Monday. Wasn't too busy that night. Got to meet Duffy. What a hoot! Food was great and the atomosphere was so cool! Have to say it is one of my top 5 dining places ever.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
410 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chez Shack question

I managed to meet Duffy on my trip to Vieques. He told me he would be opening this year his fanciest place yet. I believe the name is to be "tin Roof Shack". He was a memorable character at 88 years of age.

Scituate
Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Chez Shack question

Dear Elliot13;

I hope you get to meet Duffy. He is a larger than life individual. He is in some ways, not unlike the late great, Captain Tony from Key West. I wish that when Jimmy Buffet was on the island, he got to hang out with Duffy, but it did not happen. In February I introduced him to my kids, and he had them laughing in seconds.

Jack

7. Re: Chez Shack question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:18