We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

10 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

We have been to Vieques a few times, most recently last June. I have read that Maritza's car rental is better than most on the island so we figured we would give her a try this time around. I called to book my reservation today and not only were they more expensive than the rest, they do not offer pick up at the airport. We have always rented a car and been picked up at the airport by the rental company. Has this changed for other rental places on the island or should I change myh reservation?

Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Can't speak for all of them but we rarely are picked up at the airport by the car rental agencies - dropped off, yes.

If the folks at B&E can - they usually will pick us up but my previous experience has been that most rentals will tell you to take a publico to their office.

Where have you rented from before that they've picked you up? And did you choose to change just b/c of what you read online or did you have a bad experience?

I tend to stay with who I know until my experience sours or I am forced to try another avenue...but that's just me!

Edited: 01 April 2010, 15:45
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Hmm, that's odd. I've got a car booked with Maritza for late next week, & they specifically asked if my husband & I want to be picked up at the airport or elsewhere. When we replied airport, they happily confirmed it. They said to give them a call as soon as we land, & they'll send someone to pick us up.

I also found her prices to be comparable to the 4 other car rental agencies I called.

*Wanted to add: I'm not affiliated with Maritza's at all - this will be our first trip to Vieques :)

Edited: 01 April 2010, 15:57
Level Contributor
98 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

You could always ask. ;) They aren't far from the airport (it's a tiny island - nothing is far) so I'm sure they would if you asked them too.

We loved Maritza's... great prices, great vehicles, nice people. We had no problems at all.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Its very inexpensive to take a publico from the airport to Maritza's! And a lot faster than waiting for them to get there and pick you up. Pay the $8-10 and take a publico.

5. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 06:31
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now